Expanding Horizons of CSC:
You are aware that CSCs across India are offering government as well as private services at the citizen’s doorsteps. The CSC is a strategic cornerstone of the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP), approved by the Government in May 2006, as part of its commitment in the National Common Minimum Programme to introduce e-governance on a massive scale.
The CSCs is providing high quality and cost-effective video, voice and data content and services, in the areas of e-governance, education, health, telemedicine, entertainment as well as other private services. A highlight of the CSCs is that it will offer web-enabled e-governance services in rural areas, including application forms, certificates, and utility payments such as electricity, telephone and water bills besides issue of Pan Cards, IGNOU Exten Centre, Nielson Survey, e-learning etc etc
One Milestone Ahead !!!
CSC has signed an agreement with State Bank of India on 30th Dec. 2011. All its outlets can now be appointed as Customer Service Points as Business Correspondents to State Bank of India and carry out banking transactions on behalf of the bank. This is best opportunity to do SBI Kiosk banking in your Retail Outlet(Download: Agreement with SBI). Now you have become a small branch of major PSU Bank of the country. This is because of CSC expanding Network.
What Services will SBI Kiosk banking provide?
Initially, SBI Kiosk banking will provide the following services:
- Deposit of Cash
- Withdrawal of Cash
- Money transfer to another SBI account holder in other locations
- SBI can enhance the product list of BC. However BF work shall start after stabilization of BC work.
How to become a Partner for SBI Kiosk Banking ?
CSC SPC will enroll SCA as Sub BC and VLE shall be Customer Service Point (CSP) as per agreement with SBI for this facility. This facility and partnership is available for all CSC retail offices with Web connectivity. VLE can enroll for this facility through SCA.
Benefits to your customers
- A ‘No Frill SBI Accounts’ through KIOSK Banking Model
- General purpose Credit Card (GCC)/Kisan Credit Card (KCC)
- Term Deposit/Recurring Deposit
- Regular SBI Saving Bank Account
- Loans against Term Deposit Receipt (TDR) etc
- Minimum requirements for set up of CSC outlet
- Size of Outlet : Minimum 150-200 sq feet with a counter.
- Adequate space to attend to 5-6 customers at a time.
- System configuration : PC with a minimum configuration of 20 GB hard disk
- Internet connectivity through broad band or VSAT
- An Intel base chip of or superior provider.
- A web cam.
- A standard printer/scanner/Finger print device.
What type of transactions the customer will carry on?
- This is called a no-frills account where there is no minimum balance or charges levied.
- Maximum balance can be Rs 50000. (Balances above this can be held, but then account is converted to a regular bank account and the terms of the bank and documentations will apply to these accounts).
- Minimum Balance -Zero Balance.
- Maximum limit of transactions is Rs10,000/- per day.
- No Cheque book is issued
- Only Cash Transactions can be made & only in person by the account holder.
- There is no signature required and only electronic thumb impression is used to access/use the account.
- Customer also benefits from Long banking hours: As long as the shop is open Income generation from CSP Kiosk Banking ?
- Earn on opening New Account, every Cash Deposit/ Cash Withdrawal/ Loans and Money Transfer or any services of the bank How SCA shall work as BC Manager?
Steps involved to make VLE as CSP for KO work have been detailed in the document which may be downloaded. However the scheme shall work as CSC SPV shall get KO codes approved from SBI as per recommendations of SCA. Adequate training on various banking products offered shall be given by SBI officials. SCA SPV shall generate login and password for SCA which in turn shall configure KO codes and generate their login. Each VLE is required to open a settlement account with the link branch of SBI wherein all transactions of the customer i.e. deposit/withdrawal shall be routed through this account (Download : Steps for Kiosk Banking Solution).
Advantages to SCA !!!
- New Revenue Stream from Small-Banking
- Money Transfer
- Even, the existing SBI customers can be your customer
- Increased customer base
|Download File||Description||File size||Last modified|
|Agreement with SBI||.PDF Acrobat File||1762 Kb||09/05/12 15:44|
|Steps for KIOSK Banking Solution||.DOC Word File||37 Kb||09/12/12 15:54|
|Agreement with SCA||.DOC Word File||117 Kb||09/05/12 15:45|
|SBI Standard Format||.XLS Excel File||21 Kb||09/05/12 15:45|
|SBI Branch Master||.XLS Excel File||1310 Kb||09/05/12 15:45|
|Finger Print Device||.DOC Word File||30 Kb||09/05/12 15:45|
|SBI BC Manual||.PDF Acrobat File||1668 Kb||09/05/12 15:46|
|SBI KO User Manual||.PDF Acrobat File||2590 Kb||09/05/12 15:46|
|KIOSK Banking Info||.PDF Acrobat File||663 Kb||09/09/13 15:31|